Pros and Cons of SharePoint Are you looking for software that will help improve your productivity? Are you looking for a way to improve communication at your firm?
You might want to explore it a bit more because of the amazing benefits. This will help to make sure that you invest in the right platform.
Is it a good choice for your business? Will you make a good investment?
We will show you features and benefits to help you make the right decision.
What is SharePoint?
Microsoft SharePoint Online is a web-based platform that can be used for a variety of purposes. It can be used with Microsoft Office to share and store files. It is a document and content management system.
It is possible to coordinate and communicate in a secure workspace with SharePoint. You can build tasks, track schedules and get information about the projects.
The method to use SharePoint:
- Go to microsoft365.com as admin and choose the apps in the menu.
- Click on the page to create it.
- You can choose the team site.
- The design of your website should match your requirements.
- Name and description are included in correct details.
- Click on finish to complete the setup.
Why are SharePoint document libraries vital?
They are used as a containing space for your lists. It is possible to have a separate library for every client, internal department, and partner. Once the users click on the library, they have access to the documents.
The method of use for the document library is perfect.
- The documents can be selected in the left- vertical pane.
- To add new items, choose new. In the current library folder, you can drag and Drop files.
- To open a Microsoft Office file in the app, you have to select it.
- Modern web apps allow you to modify the file with other people. You can still check out a file and stop others from working on it at the same time.
What is the purpose of SharePoint?
1. SharePoint Lists
You can manage the information using sharepoint lists and libraries. SharePoint lists are similar to spreadsheets that consist of rows and columns. It is available to users after concurrent access to avoid any hassle in the data.
The web-based features of the project management system make it easy to create, update, and review items in a list.
2. SharePoint Workflows
A set of decisions and tasks give you the right outcomes. They are similar to the automated application that handles the execution of business processes. If you want to save time and effort, you can use a set of templates that are in SharePoint. Consistency and efficiency will be gained with this.
There are different roles in the system.
- Creator: The person who will create the template of workflow.
- Author: The person who will configure the workflow of your organization using a workflow template.
- Initiator: This person will start a new workflow instance for a list item or document. They have permission to terminate the workflow if needed.
- Participant: This individual performs the task associated with the workflow
3. SharePoint Search
The basic feature allows users to enter and execute search queries. The recent website is where the scope of search is. When the query is processed, the search application returns search results that match the query.
Links to libraries, lists, sites, documents, or web pages might be included in search results. Permissions, previous searches and the context in responding to your queries are required by the search engine in Microsoft SharePoint online. You can use the search query box on the web pages to find solutions.
4. SharePoint Libraries
It gives the host features to store, group, modify, filter, and capture vital data. The library can be used to store the content from the data.
A library allows the members to manage, create, collect, and update files collaboratively. One of the many benefits of SharePoint is that you also get access to a great number of default libraries for specific purposes. You get the freedom to use default library apps to build new libraries.
5. SharePoint Project Site
The template has many components that support project management.
- The summary of the project.
- The task schedule.
- A task list.
- The calendar has a month
- The document library.
- There is a built-in task management feature.
“It’s convenient to handle tasks and projects hassle-free through this method.”
What are the pros and cons of SharePoint?
Pros of SharePoint
- Many Features: It has a diverse set of features like task management, document management, security information, and asset library. This gives your organization a seamless experience in sharing, managing, and storing information in the digital world.
- Office 365 Integration: Office 365 products work seamlessly with SharePoint. Your organization can leverage all products and connect them with SharePoint.
- Integration: There are great exclusive functionalities with SharePoint. You can also integrate extensions with existing businesses, including CRM and ERM. This will make it easier for organizations to get access to information.
- Customization: Many organizations are choosing SharePoint as it can be molded to meet various business requirements. It gives you different types of enterprise solutions, intranets, portals, collaborative workspaces, and more.
- Reliability: With Microsoft support, you can rely upon solutions during setup, installation, and more. They will provide answers to the technical problems you come across in SharePoint.
- Collaboration: SharePoint aims to increase employee participation if used properly. You can use it as a central hub for messages, video chat, schedule meetings, and other productivity tools.
- Data Security: Microsoft SharePoint online has advanced level protection. The data transmissions are protected using the best encryption method. There is two-factor authentication to identify the correct users.
Cons of SharePoint
- Less Control: Once you move to cloud services, you get control of the front-end and could disrupt your business requirements.
- Increases Bandwidth: It is a slow and painful experience after migrating with Office 365 and may increase your bandwidth.
- Extra Development Efforts: Consider the additional time, issues, and cost required in case of integration. This might affect the productivity of the employees.
- Extensive Features are complicated: With a wide range of SharePoint features and benefits, you get confused. It consumes more time to invest in tailoring the perfect features and functions.
The Last Takeaway!
“The pros and cons of SharePoint have been provided by us. It’s perfect for businesses that need team collaboration for projects.”